No two car accidents are ever exactly alike, but this does not alter the fact that most car accidents can be classified according to several leading causes. If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, it’s time to connect with an experienced Kansas City car accident attorney.
Most car accidents boil down to driver negligence, and while there are a lot of negligent drivers out there – and they are all unique – driver negligence can be sorted into the following basic categories:
- Distracted Drivers – The cornerstone of safe driving is paying attention, and distracted drivers are incapable of accomplishing this critical task.
- Drunk Drivers – Drunk drivers need no introduction. They are exactly as dangerous as you think they are, and they are the cause of far too many car accidents.
- Speeding Drivers – The old adage that speed kills has not lost its relevance.
- Drowsy Drivers – Drowsy drivers suffer some of the same physical and cognitive forms of impairment that drunk drivers do, and that is saying something.
- Legal Perspectives: What Happens When Someone Is Killed in a Car Accident?
- How Many Car Accidents Are Caused by Drunk Driving?
Look to an Experienced Kansas City Car Accident Attorney for the Legal Guidance You Need
The focused Kansas City car accident attorneys at Krause & Kinsman Law Firm are on your side, here to help, and committed to bringing your strongest claim. For more information, please don’t wait to contact or call us at 816-307-2763 today.
What should I do first?
The basic first steps after a car accident include:
- Pulling as far off the road as possible
- Calling 911
- Rendering any aid that you can
- Seeking the medical attention you need
- Consulting with a dedicated car accident attorney
Should I make a statement to the car insurance company?
While the car insurance company will likely request that you make a statement, doing so is far more likely to help the insurance company than it is to help you. You are not required to provide a statement, so avoiding doing so is well advised.
Do I need an attorney?
Having an experienced car accident attorney on your side makes obtaining just compensation far more likely.