Robert L. Kinsman
Co-Founder | Attorney at Law
Robert L. Kinsman is devoted to bringing large-scale results to a wide arrange of clients. Robert has been at the forefront of some of the most unique cases in the country. He plays a significant leadership role in each of his cases, whether it be case investigation and development, science and expert development, bellwether selection, settlement negotiation and coordination, trial and trial preparation, or briefing case-defining motions and case management orders. His peers often see him as a multi-purpose, versatile advocate that is always ready to jump in and help on any task so his clients are able to find a just and fair result.
Robert practices throughout the country litigating cases involving mass torts and complex litigation involving environmental disasters, defective products, pharmaceuticals, and sexual abuse. His trial experience encompasses civil cases as well as felony criminal prosecutions. Along with developing and executing winning litigation strategies, Robert has managed some of the largest dockets of cases in the country from client sign-up thru settlement. Tens of thousands of clients have entrusted Krause & Kinsman with their stories. Scores of co-counsel and referral law firms have called Krause & Kinsman their partners.
The clients that choose Krause & Kinsman come from near and far. Robert, and his firm as a whole, take extreme pride in representing the people that choose Krause & Kinsman as their advocates. Robert’s firm has a strong belief in the motto “No Client Left Behind.” Krause & Kinsman has developed some of the most innovative client relations systems in the legal space. Krause & Kinsman consistently looks for ways to improve the client relationship to better tell their individual stories. Robert’s knack for knowing and understanding his individual client’s stories has paved the way for his clients to routinely be selected as lead bellwether plaintiffs in major, national litigations. He finds the most joy advocating for the people that put their faith and trust in him.
Most recently in the Boy Scouts of America bankruptcy, Krause & Kinsman was part of a coalition that helped draft and negotiate one of the largest and most inclusive Trust Distribution Plans in history, founded on the principles of justice, transparency, efficiency, equity, and fairness with the goal of securing a rigorous, but reliable, speedy, and cost-efficient determination of every claim. To date, the total amount of the fund will most likely be between $2.4 billion and $3.6 billion. In addition, Krause & Kinsman has also settled over $50 million worth of products liability cases to date.
Robert currently serves on the following leadership committees:
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee as the Co-Chair of the Law & Briefing Committee in MDL 2846: In Re: Davol, Inc./C.R. Bard, Inc., Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation.
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in MDL 2974: In Re: Paragard IUD Products Liability Litigation.
Along with the aforementioned cases, Robert has prosecuted thousands of cases across other Multi-District Litigations and Class Actions, including:
- In re: Acetaminophen Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 3043),
- In Re: Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2924 and state court litigations),
- The Coalition of Abused Scouts for Justice (Case No. Bankr. D. 20-10343),
- Atrium Medical Corp. C-Qur Mesh Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2753),
- Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2782),
- In Re: Physiomesh Litigation (MCL Case No. 627),
- In Re: Proceed Mesh Litigation (MCL Case No. 630),
- In Re: Prolene Hernia System Mesh Litigation (MCL Case No. 633),
- Cook Medical, Inc., IVC Filters Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2570),
- Bard IVC Filters Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2641),
- In Re Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2326),
- Benicar (Olmesartan) Product Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 2606), and
- Syngenta AG MIR162 Corn Litigation (MDL Case No. 2591)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Juris Doctor, J.D.
- Law Review, Staff
- Nation Trial Team, Advocate
- Emphasis in Trial Practice and Litigation
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana (Pro Hac Vice)
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona (Pro Hac Vice)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (Pro Hac Vice)
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire (Pro Hac Vice)
- State of Missouri
- State of Kansas
- State of New Jersey (Pro Hac Vice)
- American Association For Justice
- National Trial Lawyers
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bard Association, Young Lawyers Section President
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Assocation