Auto Defects in the U.S.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sets forth a standard of safety procedures each vehicle must meet before allowing a single product to be sold to you. Despite this, manufacturers many times cut costs jeopardizing your safety and peace of mind by selling you a product with faulty safety equipment. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 30,000 lives were lost in 2009 and annual costs amount to $230 billion due to auto defects.
We handle auto defect cases including but not limited to:
• Airbag Failures
• Defective Breaks
• Defective Door Latches
• Defective Seatbacks
• Defective Tires
• Fires and Explosions
• Fuel System Failures
• Inadequate Side-Impact Protection
• Roof Crush
• Seatbelt Failures
• Sudden Acceleration
• Vehicle Rollovers
The Do's and Don't of Auto Accident Defect Cases
• Do immediately call for medical help if someone is injured
• Do call the police
• Do exchange information with the other parties involved in the accident. Get the name, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers, make, model and year, insurance information, and driver’s license numbers from the other parties involved.
• Do take pictures with your phone or camera of the accident scene. Take pictures of the car, driving conditions, license plates and any other relevant pictures of damage.
• Do write down information such as the weather, time, date, landmarks and location of the accident.
• Do call The Krause and Kinsman Law Firm, we will send out investigators as soon as needed to gather more evidence.
• Don’t leave the scene of the accident
• Don’t wait to get legal advice, the longer you wait the harder it is to assert your claim
• Don’t speak to anybody about who is at fault before speaking with your attorney. This includes the insurance company! If you give a statement, it may be used against you in the future.
Remember, if there is an auto defect we need to preserve the evidence as fast as possible. We will take the car and store it in a special hangar where it will be analyzed thoroughly to determine if there was an auto defect. If you believe there is an auto defect it is imperative that you contact The Krause and Kinsman Law Firm to preserve the vehicle into evidence.
What Our Clients Say
My sister went from almost dying in a terrible car accident to being a thriving college student. If I went with a different firm, I don't think it would be that way today.Client
I felt like they have become very much involved in my family. That's one thing I enjoyed about working with them. They really made it personal.Client
Krause and Kinsman Can Help
At the Krause and Kinsman Law Firm, we work hard to ensure our clients receive proper compensation for their injuries and inconveniences. We take these cases seriously because we believe that everyone should feel safe in their motor vehicle and it is their right to receive adequate reimbursement for the manufacturer’s errors.
With the Kansas City auto defect attorneys from the Krause and Kinsman Law Firm you have lawyers who are determined to earn you the compensation you deserve for any physical and mental damages suffered from your accident.