Driving your vehicle should be convenient and safe. However, thousands of drivers and passengers are injured or killed each year due to overlooked vehicle defects. When that happens to you, you become the victim of the automaker’s negligence and you are entitled to compensation. The Kansas City auto defect attorneys from the Krause and Kinsman Law Firm know how important holding auto manufactures liable for their actions is in order to have safer vehicles on the road. From faulty acceleration pedals to inadequate seatbelts and airbags, vehicle manufacturers continue to produce defective products that can put you and your loved ones in harm’s way. It is important that the manufacturers of these cars correctly assemble and test their product so that you don’t have to worry if your vehicle functions properly.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sets forth a standard of safety procedures each vehicle must meet before allowing a single product to be sold to you. Despite this, manufacturers many times cut costs jeopardizing your safety and peace of mind by selling you a product with faulty safety equipment. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 30,000 lives were lost in 2009 and annual costs amount to $230 billion due to auto defects.
At the Krause and Kinsman Law Firm, we work hard to ensure our clients receive proper compensation for their injuries and inconveniences. We take these cases seriously because we believe that everyone should feel safe in their motor vehicle and it is their right to receive adequate reimbursement for the manufacturer’s errors.
We handle auto defect cases including but not limited to:
• Airbag Failures
• Defective Breaks
• Defective Door Latches
• Defective Seatbacks
• Defective Tires
• Fires and Explosions
• Fuel System Failures
• Inadequate Side-Impact Protection
• Roof Crush
• Seatbelt Failures
• Sudden Acceleration
• Vehicle Rollovers
How do you know if your car has an auto defect?
It usually takes experts to determine whether your injuries were caused by an auto defect. We select, hire and pay for the right investigators and experts. We depose the automotive engineers and corporate representatives, along with their high-priced experts.
Even experienced attorneys fail to diagnose whether or not your injuries were caused by an auto defect. If you were severely hurt in a low impact collision, which ordinarily would not lead to such severe injuries, then you may have experienced an auto defect. Furthermore, if a loved one was killed in a car accident this may have been caused by faulty equipment in the car. A car should be able to provide protection to the driver and/or passengers in the event of an accident regardless of whether the driver or the passenger was at fault.
What do I do if you think your car has an auto defect?
• Do immediately call for medical help if someone is injured
• Do call the police
• Do exchange information with the other parties involved in the accident. Get the name, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers, make, model and year, insurance information, and driver’s license numbers from the other parties involved.
• Do take pictures with your phone or camera of the accident scene. Take pictures of the car, driving conditions, license plates and any other relevant pictures of damage.
• Do write down information such as the weather, time, date, landmarks and location of the accident.
• Do call The Krause and Kinsman Law Firm, we will send out investigators as soon as needed to gather more evidence.
• Don’t leave the scene of the accident
• Don’t wait to get legal advice, the longer you wait the harder it is to assert your claim
• Don’t speak to anybody about who is at fault before speaking with your attorney. This includes the insurance company! If you give a statement, it may be used against you in the future.
Remember, if there is an auto defect we need to preserve the evidence as fast as possible. We will take the car and store it in a special hangar where it will be analyzed thoroughly to determine if there was an auto defect. If you believe there is an auto defect it is imperative that you contact The Krause and Kinsman Law Firm to preserve the vehicle into evidence.
With the Kansas City auto defect attorneys from the Krause and Kinsman Law Firm you have lawyers who are determined to earn you the compensation you deserve for any physical and mental damages suffered from your accident. Don’t suffer because the car manufacturer wanted to save a few dollars. We can help. Call us for a free case evaluation.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
NO FEES UNLESS WE RECOVER MONEY ON YOUR BEHALF